At VPM we do everything we can for clients to make switching payroll from in-house or another service provider as easy and as painless as possible.
To begin, VPM does not charge any set-up fees for any work associated with joining VPM. It’s completely free to clients.
From a quality perspective, VPM also performs for free a full year-to-date payroll update for each active employee in our system, coupled with a full reconciliation of these records with comparable client YTD reporting. Together, this free implementation service simplifies the year-end for clients and employees by having all payroll reports such as T4s from from one source of truth and not two or more. It’s also rare among Canadian payroll service providers to go this extra mile, but we do this to fulfill an opportunity to provide better service and to help clients be completely confident in our switching and implementation process.
The steps to onboard clients are streamlined and can be implemented quite quickly from VPM’s perspective, even in just a day in some cases. The timing really depends on each client and how quickly they provide back all the information that is required.
In a nutshell, once a price quote has been requested, received and accepted, the steps to switch payroll to VPM can be understood as follows:
- The client fills-in Employer, Employee and Direct Deposit set-up forms, and send them back to VPM
- VPM sets up new company and employees on its payroll system, and with RBC for direct deposit that they will perform on VPM’s behalf
- VPM performs management training and answers all client questions for full, part-time and contract employees. This includes HR, benefits administration, or special technology requirements
- Other setups are completed (such as epost and any other requests)
- VPM performs a complete YTD payroll update and reconciliation for the client and its payroll, ensuring everything is correct
- Any issue found during the reconciliation is corrected. If an issue is identified with the information received from the client, VPM will advise and seek client clarification
- Client and VPM agree that everything is in order and that the client is ready to use VPM’s payroll services
That’s it. Simple, fast, accurate, flexible and free.